We are pleased to bring the Latino Challenges workshop from the Racial Equity Institute in 2020. The Racial Equity Institute describes the session as follows:
Latino Challenges is a two-day workshop for people who live in or work with Latino communities and are interested in ending racial disparities in our institutions and working together for social justice. Participants engage in a critical analysis of how racism dis-empowers Latinos, hindering both individual well-being and community development. We examine how Latinos have been racialized in the US, as well as the cultural backdrop of race and racism in Latin America that shapes our layered identity today. At the same time, we explore how our particular cultures, identities and histories of struggle are vital sources of strength for individuals and families of Latin American origin in the United States. Further, we directly address how racism is used as a wedge between Latinos and African Americans and undermines the anti-racism movement.
- Ticket price is $375 online including all fees.
- If your organization has a promotional code, enter it on this page before beginning registration.
- If you would like to be invoiced, use the promotional code INVOICE and you will be invoiced for a total of $375 after the session.
- Groups of 10 or more will receive a 10% discount. If you would like to pay as a group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have already participated in the Racial Equity Workshop – Latinx Challenges and you would like to attend again for free as an observer, please use the promo code OBSERVER to complete registration. You must have attended a Latinx Challenges session in order to register as an observer, and lunch will not be provided for observers.
- Please ensure you can attend for the entirety of the training before registering. If the entire time does not work for you, please select another date.
- Unless you cancel your tickets 24 hours before the training, you will be charged even if you do not attend.
- Breakfast will be available at 8:30am, and training will start at 9am
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided.
- For more information or questions, please contact the Racial Equity and Inclusion Team at email@example.com
- To sign up for other dates, please visit ThirdSpace Action Lab.
REFUND POLICY: Unless you cancel your tickets 24 hours before the training, you will be charged even if you do not attend.