- Ticket price is $102.42 online including all fees.
- If your organization has a promotional code, enter it on this page before beginning registration.
- If you would like to be invoiced, use the promotional code INVOICE and you will be invoiced for a total of $100 after the session.
- Groups of 10 or more will receive a 10% discount. If you would like to pay as a group, please contact email@example.com.
- If you have already participated in the Groundwater Racial Equity Workshop and you would like to attend again for free as an observer, please use the promo code OBSERVER to complete registration. You must have attended a Groundwater session in order to register as an observer.
- Please ensure you can attend for the entirety of the training before registering. If the entire time does not work for you, please select another date.
- Unless you cancel your tickets 24 hours before the training, you will be charged even if you do not attend.
- For more information or questions, please contact the Racial Equity and Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To sign up for other dates, please visit ThirdSpace Action Lab.
Growing Racial Equity in Northeast Ohio: Continued Awareness & Action
Since Fall 2016, there has been a growing movement to build an inclusive, interdisciplinary coalition of civic stakeholders, community development practitioners, and grassroots leaders committed to advancing Racial Equity & Inclusion. Throughout the previous years of Continued Awareness + Action, nearly 5,000 concerned citizens from across the region have participated in either the half-day Groundwater Training, or the two-day Phase I Workshop presented by the Racial Equity Institute. These intensive introductions to historical, institutional and systemic racism challenge deeply-held assumptions, and reveal—with sobering clarity—the devastating impacts of persistent racial inequality on our nation’s most marginalized populations.
Feedback from participants has been overwhelmingly positive; and all indications suggest that this paradigm shift has begun to gain traction. However, the Year of Awareness and Continued Awareness + Action was simply a starting point for our continued efforts to embed Racial Equity & Inclusion as a central organizing principle of a holistic approach to community development. To truly accomplish our vision for Cleveland’s neighborhoods, we must ensure that all residents—especially historically disadvantaged members of the community—feel connected to the fabric of their neighborhoods; have equal access to opportunities; and are meaningfully engaged in the decision-making processes that affect their lives.
Yet there are no quick fixes for racial inequity. Changing the course of history will take time, persistence, creativity, and courage. Furthermore, we understand that this work must be pursued on multiple levels at once—both personally and professionally; institutionally and system-wide. As we uncover and/or create new opportunities to turn Awareness into Action, we will leverage the momentum achieved in previous years to broaden and strengthen our coalition. Therefore, we are pleased to announce that the Racial Equity Institute will once again facilitate regular Groundwater Training and Racial Equity Phase I Workshop sessions in 2020.
Through our continued efforts to deepen our understanding of our history, the outcomes of unequal systems, and the language needed to describe with specificity how systemic racism impacts every facet of American life (including our work), we move one step closer to creating a more equitable society.
REFUND POLICY: Unless you cancel your tickets 24 hours before the training, you will be charged even if you do not attend.